Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When did they grow up??

After looking at all of Gage's pictures Mom and I have taken over the past week, I can't help but to think of my "lil ones". Seriously, where did the time go? When did I give Taylor permission to turn 3... at what point did I start letting Lane walk out the door for play dates without me? I look around our play room and its all puzzles, books, figurines, and flash-cards. Don't get me wrong I know I have lots of years and changes ahead of me but wow... its all happening so fast! My baby heads off to preschool in the fall and Lane starts t-ball this summer....yikes. I almost miss the smell of babies in the house... even walking down the baby isle in Target sounds fun to me. But then I call Mandi and they didn't go to bed till midnight and were back up at 3 to feed.. and then up again at 6...yikes we went to bed at 830 all of us and didn't get up till 6 when the alarm went off. Maybe this whole growing up thing isn't half bad. I get to hear " I love you Mommy" 16 times a day.. plus when we get in the car I can say buckle your seat belt and they do. I am out the drive in 2 min...not 15 after i get the car seat in and baby situated..
Someday to soon, I will be in the window saying "be home by 11" YIKES, 11 does that mean i have to stay up that late too?
I think there are many pro's and con's to all ages... maybe the key is to take lots of pictures so you can look back at all of it!

2 comments:

  1. I agree take lots and lots of photos....and then wait to spring it on them when graduation hits...lmao
    Ahhh the sweet, sweet smell of a baby...almost makes ya wanna lick 'em..lol..ok not really but it is a wonderful smell.
    Have another one Cole..do it, do it, DO IT!!
    xoxoxo BFF Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you have been busy while I have been gone. very introspective. I like it. And have I got some pictures for them to see when they graduate.

    ReplyDelete