Thursday, July 1, 2010

Gift 1.. done!


Unsure how but it is birthday time at the Rogers’ house again, this time Lane. My baby boy turns 6 in a couple of weeks… but at the age of 6 or 31 at the Rogers house it’s a month long celebration. I LOVE LOVE LOVE birthdays… so we make a HUGE deal at my house! Lane loves them just as much, so I want to take this time to apologize to his some day girlfriend and wife as he expects it to be celebration from July 1st- July 31st, and this mommy happily fulfills this request! With birthdays comes gifts, now Lane is needing a couple of things. One being new bedding, Diego is out at our house. He has picked out a very sports themed bed spread that is currently in my closet waiting for the big day! But he needed one more thing…
Lane has not gotten a new bike since he was 2 or 3.. So you can imagine how badly he needed one. Last night Lane, Taylor and I set out on a mission to find “the bike” , three stores later we found it. “ mom this is the one I want, its perfect” With a smile from ear to ear he walked it up front and just as quickly walked it out the door.. Present one given and done!
Lane and I took the bike out to my parent’s house as Papa is home alone this week, so we had to show him. Bless my dad for acting like this was the coolest thing in the whole world.. “Lane this is so neat!” Was said a few times, along with “When you’re at Audi’s I think I might have to come in town and ride that cool bike”. So, on the way home last night I heard twice (note its only 3.5 miles from my door to my parents) “ we better put the bike in the garage so Papa does not try to take it” :)
I have a feeling we will be biking a lot this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment